Job Location: Wichita, KS
Village Tours & Travel, one of the largest charter bus and tour companies in the Midwest, is seeking a full-time Motor Coach Diesel Mechanic. This position is responsible for maintenance and defect repair for the Wichita motor coach and car fleet. It is a full time hourly positon working primarily from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday on first shift, or from 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm Monday through Friday on second shift. Hours will occasionally need to be flexible based on the bus departure schedule, especially during the busy spring and fall seasons. There is a potential for substantial overtime with this position, primarily on weekends. This position reports to the Wichita Shop Foreman or the Parts and Maintenance Manager in his absence. The Motor Coach Diesel Mechanic is required to have his own tools. The company may provide assistance in purchasing basic starter tools for the right candidate.
- Basic understanding of diesel engines, diesel generators, tires, air brake systems, HVAC systems, and electrical systems and be able to perform necessary preventative maintenance and repair in all aspects, with proper training.
- Monitor and become proficient with maintenance software (VMS) and dispatch software (Coach Manager) for scheduling and completion maintenance and repair of defects in a timely and detailed manner.
- Document all work completed and parts used, primarily in VMS, in a timely and detailed manner.
- Perform occasional interior bus cleaning and exterior washing duties.
- Install drivers’ sleeper berths as necessary.
- Be willing and able to travel and assist with coach breakdowns and to assist at other company locations.
- Perform required periodic DOT inspections with training, if needed.
- Take advantage of training opportunities provided by the company.
- Ability to obtain a Class B CDL is preferred.
- Diesel, bus, and /or generator experience are preferred, but the company is willing to provide training for the right candidate.
- Hourly wage is dependent upon experience.
- One week paid time off after ninety days and two weeks after one year of full time employment.
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance are available effective the first of the month following sixty days of employment.
- Seven paid holidays per year.
- 401k eligibility at annual enrollment after the first year of employment.
Village Tours, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.