Job Location: Wichita, KS
Village Tours & Travel, one of the largest charter bus and tour companies in the Midwest, is seeking to hire a qualified and experienced Accounts Payable Lead/Manager. Village Tours is a diverse company that offers escorted tours, traditional travel agency services, charter bus services, scheduled route service and an entertainer coach division. Village Tours operates in eight markets and has grown significantly over the last six years.
Summary: Responsible for Full-Cycle Accounts Payable processing including examining, verifying and reconciling a variety of transactions. Daily matching and posting large volume of packing slips to vendor invoices. The Accounts Payable Lead/Manager reports to the Controller.
- Ensure discounts and timely payments of vendor invoices by setting them up for bi-weekly check runs and e-Payable processing.
- Research, resolve and communicate and discrepancies or outstanding balances on vendor accounts, including telephone, mail or email correspondence.
- Reconciles monthly statements.
- Implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Manages monthly closing of AP records.
- Maintains AP files and year-end files.
- Perform any other related duties and assignments as required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Must be familiar working in a high volume environment.
- A thorough understanding of accrual accounting methodology.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and account reconciliation skills.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office especially Excel, Internet savvy and 10-key proficient.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- Ability to work with vendors and employees at all levels of the organization promptly and professionally.
- Ability to work well in a team and family oriented environment.
- Knowledge and ability to place a high emphasis and maintain controls surrounding financial reporting as pertains to GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures).
- Ability to exercise good judgment; makes decisions in logical and rational manner; demonstrates “common sense”, practical and stays cool under pressure.
- Ability to gather facts, analyze problems in depth and break down into components.
- Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Hourly wage is commensurate with experience.
- One week paid time off after ninety days and two weeks after one year of full time employment.
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance are available effective the first of the month following sixty days of employment.
- Seven paid holidays per year.
- 401k eligibility at annual enrollment after the first year of employment.
Village Tours, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.